Avonlea Musicale Trivia
While we wait for our next performances, please
browse around and test your knowledge of Avonlea music events of
Read the questions and choose your answer then click on Janet to see if you are right.
1. What item
enchanted Janet at the auction she attended with Abigail, Olivia
|a. an heirloomb comb
b. a talking machine
c. a music box playing "Annie Laurie"
d. a music box playing "All Through the Night"
2. To whom did Alec sing "All Through the Night"?
d. the cow
3. What was the title of the song the Blaines were to premier at the White Sands Musicale?
b. Honky Tonky Donkey
c. Spunky Hunky Monkey
d. Loch Loman
4. In which episode did Felicity sing?
|a. Momento Mori
b. the Return of Gus Pike
c. none of the above
d. all of the above
5. Who's voice drowns out the Avonlea Presbeterian choir, for which Rev Leonard was thankful?
|a. Eulalie Bugle
b. Alec King
c. Sylvia Grey
d. Malcolm MacEwan
6. Who is the first person to sing "She's Like a Swallow"?
|a. Gus Pike
b. Captain Crane
c. Eliza Pike
d. Felicity King
7. To what kind of music did Elbert introduce Booth Elliot ?
b. Stride Piano
8. What song led Felicity to Gus?
|a. She's Like a Swallow
b. When the Saints Go Marching In
c. Swing Low Sweet Chariot
d.Ezekiel Saw the Wheel
9. Which Avonlea episode is not also a song title?
|a. Ah, Sweet Mystery of
b. The Ties that Bind
c. Thursday's Child
d. After the Ball is Over
10. What kind of song did Alec sing to yield the most milk from his cow?
|a. sad songs
b. cheerful songs
c. romantic songs
d. patriotic songs
11. What gift did Great Aunt Eliza give Hetty on her 50th Birthday?
|a. she danced a jig
b. a music box
c. music lessons
d. she played "Happy Birthday" on the piano
12. Who performed in the Touring Evangelical Choir?
|a. Syliva Grey
b. Romney Penhallow
c. Ambrose Dimsdale
d. Hetty King
13. Who, according to Betty Blaine, was "a one hit wonder"?
|a. Her Husband
b. Alec King
c. Irving Berlin
d. Gilbert and Sullivan
14. What did Gus do that he thought made him responsible for the cannery fire in Aunt Hetty's Ordeal?
|a. He did his homework
b. He sang "Wild Rover"
c. He Danced
d. He played his fiddle
15. What kind of music does Felicity know how to play on the piano>
1. The answer is C. Janet fell in love with a "cheap" music box playing "Annie Laurie" because it reminded her of Alec.Friends and Relations
2. A big HUZZAH to you if you get this one right! The answer is A. Although it is commonly accepted that he sang the song to Cecily, Alec actually sang "All Through the Night" to Daniel while the rest fo the family listened on.Thursday's Child
3. The answer is B, Honky Tonky Donkey. Unfortunately, we never get hear the song.Great White Way
4. The answer is A. This one was tricky, wasn't it? Felicity sang "For She's a Jolly Good Fellow" with everyone at Hetty's birthday party.Momento Mori
5. The answer is D. Malcom's bass voice was so loud that the church ladies complained about it, much to Abigail's horror.Malcom and the Baby
6. The answer is B. Ezekiel sang along to the song with Gus's fiddle.Sea Ghost
7. The answer is D, Accadian. Although Booth played Ragtime and Stride Piano, he was introduced to Accadian music, "The next cousin" to the cajun music, by Elbert.Enter Prince Charming
8.The answer is C: Felicity heard "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot" on the phone and recognized it later as she passed a church in Charleston, SC.Return to Me
9. C: Thursday's Child is the only episode title in this list not borrowed from a song. It is taken from a poem Great Aunt Eliza read to Cecily during the episode.Question 10
10. A: Alec sings "Carrighfurgus" to the cow to get her to yeild a higher quantity of milk. He says, "the sadder the song, the faster she yeilds."
Cedric Smith, by the way, sings this very song on Loreena McKennitt's CD, Elemental.
11. The answer is D; Great Aunt Eliza learned to play the piano to show Hetty that you are never too old to experience new things.
12. The answer is C; Ambrose Dimsdale toured with Evangelical Choir, gather wives as he performed.
Of Corsetts, Secrets, and True, True Love
13. The answer is C. Betty Blaine dismissed Irving Berlin (who went on to write "White Christmas") as a "one hit wonder."King of the Great White Way
14. D: Due to Hetty's lectures, Gus thought that his fiddle playing at the cannery caused it to catch fire.
Aunt Hetty's Ordeal
On to Part II of our Musicale
* Home * The Spirit of LMM * The Romance of the Seashore * A Silver Autumn * Fruitcake for Muriel Stacey * An Avonlea Musicale Programe
* For God and Country *An Intermission of Trivia *True True Love * An Intemission of Gossip* Family Favorites *Happy Christmas*Good Night*Prince Edward Island Photos*Links to Other Road to Avonlea Sites * Links to Sites on LM M * Follow My Heart to Prince Edward Island *